L2K Tribute

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by tysonlb, Mar 17, 2006.

1. tysonlb

Mar 9, 2006
    Long Beach, CA
    Anyone know what size strings come on these? Haven't changed my strings since I got it. It's set up really well as is, so I don't want to screw it up.

2. The strings that came on mine were standard /45/65/85/105. I did end up filing the nut slots a little to make the strings slide a bit better. I would strongly suggest putting ground-rounds on there! I've got a set of GHS Brite Flats on mine and the tone is punchy and warm. SIT Powerflats work brilliantly as well.
  3. tysonlb

Mar 9, 2006
    Long Beach, CA
    Excellent.....thanks for the info. I'm not all that saavy on strings (I've always played EB Slinky's 45-105). I'll give the ground-rounds a try.

thanks again
  4. Get them at http://www.juststrings.com.
  5. tysonlb

Mar 9, 2006
    Long Beach, CA
    hey...thanks so much fourstringbliss!! I just ordered a set of SIT powerflats from that website. I ordered the set that is actually a little small.....I think 40-110 I don't mind that as long as it fits.

Thanks again for the recommendation. You couldn't have been more right on for me......

6. Cool! You're going to love them!! I've found that rounds sound very metallic on the L2K, but the Powerflats sound full and punchy. The best way I can describe it is that the rounds sounded hollow and the ground-rounds sounded solid. That set should be 40-100.
  7. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I believe SIT nickelrounds were factory issue...I've not tried their powerflats yet, but they're on my list.
  8. I love 'em! I've got GHS Brite Flats on my L2K right now, but I think I'm putting the Powerflats back on.