1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

L2K's... hard to adjust?

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by TFG_low_end, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Okay now.... as I throw all of my cash into the ol' L2K fund(will be my first G&L!). I have to wonder how difficult these are to set to accomodate a certain sound.

I will be coming down from an Ibanez btb that I threw into a hard concrete floor at a gig last month. while it wan't an amazing bass. I absolutely loved the low-end quality. Will the L2000 be able to serve the amazing lows and more? I need something with punch and a pure bass sound.

I honestly don't like fenders, but am pleasantly surprised by what I have played on G&L (Tribute). I am only deciding what is best for me. What do you think?

2. spideyjg

spideyjg

Mar 19, 2006
    San Diego
    Pffft! I have yet to hear of anyone wanting more low end from an L2K. Heck for lots of stuff you need to roll the bass knob down.

If you have laid hands on an L2K Tribby or USA you have heard what you will get from one. Compare a BTB to the Tribby and see what you think.
    Check the FAQ for the control layout.

Jim

3. lug

lug Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx

Well actually you will be moving up to an L2000 and possibly maybe you should take some anger management classes as well. :eek:

j/k :D

4. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    The L2K Bass and Treble controls are passive, cut only - so it may take re-thinking your overall EQ. The MFD's are just great sounding, very healthy pickups - some of the best available IMO. So you're got good raw signal to work with.

5. mntngrown

mntngrown

Aug 18, 2007
    The lost Sierra
    I am a new (me), L-2000 owner and pulled up the adobe picture with description of all the switches and knobs and what they do. You will find your it there! I printed it for future reference.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2021