1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

LA Area Gigspam - Friday, 5/27/11

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by macaroni tony, May 25, 2011.

1. EDITED for 2nd show

So the guys from my old band are playing this Friday at The Stardust in Downey, CA. I'm getting up to play a set with them, as well.

Dive bar, cheap drinks, and a pretty nice place to go watch bands play. Hope to see some of my bass brethren there!

I haven't played there since quitting the band (about 7 months or so) and this is the last leg of my two-stop reunion tour :D so it should be fun...but the more the merrier! Come on out.

And if it's any extra incentive to anyone...the bartendress has some wohhohoeweewhowheohboys! So...there's that :D

2. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Aw, dude, that place is seriously a couple minutes, like under 5, from my house, BUT Im going to be in Texas from Thursday night til Monday evening :(

Be careful, a friend of mine got jumped outside of Jurassic by an Asian gang for making a comment about fish (not to them, it just smelled like fish).
    There also used to be a strip club in the same lot, but it got closed down a few months ago.

3. I feel like I just read post #2 somewhere else... :p

All right thanks for the heads up Matty. And to everyone else, I'll sweeten the deal:

Any TBer who shows up and gets jumped by an Asian gang...liquor's on me! Top shelf! Just don't drink and drive...

4. Bump for the day of the show. :ninja:

5. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I wish I could man!

Dive bars, Asian gangs, and questionable sushi are my kinda night out!

Knock em dead!

6. Mazatleco17

Mazatleco17

Mar 27, 2008
    Is it by where camachos used to be?

7. LOL! Sadly...there were no Asian gangs. Just a bunch of Gorditas and Mexican dudes with tattoos. Funny thing is, one of them started dancing around like an R&B sensation when I got up to sing my song. Sure he was making fun of me, but it was hilarious!

Just looked it up...no, apparently that's at a different location entirely. I'm not from that neck of the woods, so I'm not familiar with the area.

8. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    I wish I could. 3,000 miles is a bit of a trek. Phalex, I'd check your shows too! Maybe someone can post some Youtube clips in the future. :ninja:

9. BUMPED for edited date and location info.

I'd love to see a Phalex show too! And I'll be sure to get a video up...of much higher quality than the last time :eyebrow:

10. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    The Stardust is an alright place as well. Ive played there more times than I can remember. No asian gangs there, either!

I just wanted to add, if anyone is in the LA area, my band is playing at Paladinos in Reseda tonight. Its an awesome venue with a HUGE stage!

11. Well at least you didn't one-up me or anything :rollno: :D

12. Showtime! Whoo! Whoo! Whoo! Whoo! Whoo!

Any TBer that decides to stumble in, drinks are on me!