1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

La Bella 760FS or TI flats?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Mastermold, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Go with the La Bella 760FS set

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  2. Go with the TI set

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Neither; you need to try ________

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. Carrots

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Pick my next string set! I've got both sets and can't decide which to try next so I'll let you guys do it. The bass is a Fender Precision reissue. It's currently got La Bella 760FL strings but after two months they're not "fat" enough and so I figured I'd try something else.

2. mario222

mario222

Dec 12, 2007
    I voted for yhe labellas but thats just me. Even though the FL set isnt high tension I think the TI's are not what your looking for. The FS set is not much fater than the FL ive heard but there is a noticable tension diference. After the FL set you will probably find the TI's a litle "noodly" because of there low tension. Go for the La Bella's.

3. DavePlaysBass

DavePlaysBass Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2004
    CO
    Check pickup height. Make sure you have enought relief to let the strings breath. Roll the tone off a bit. To me TI flats on a precision sound good but they are not deep and fat. They are punchy in a good way. I prefer FLs to TIs.

4. The action is really low, but that's how I setup all my basses. The frets are so level I can still play plenty hard, so I don't know that raising it would help. What do you think?

I'll try the La Bella FS set. I was watching video of Pino Palladino playing his P-bass with the TIs and his right hand is more over the pickup, which makes sense given their lower tension. But I've got the chrome covers on mine, which I like for aesthetic purposes, but as a result I think I need the higher tension of the La Bellas for plucking closer to the neck.