1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

La Bella 760FX: A Shout Out For The Forgotten La Bellas

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by jasper383, Mar 18, 2010.

1. jasper383

jasper383

Dec 5, 2004
    Durham NC
    I see very little mention of these La Bellas here; it seems the Light (760FL) and Super Heavy Jamerson (760M) La Bellas get all the flatwound love.

I have had these strings on a Stingray for the last few weeks, and am very impressed. The stiffness is very much like the TI Jazz Flats. And the sound is very much La Bella: lots of lo mid punch.

If you're looking for TI Jazz Flats feel and something easy on the hands, but want a more traditional flatwound sound, I recommend the 760FX La Bellas.

2. jasper383

jasper383

Dec 5, 2004
    Durham NC
    See what I mean? No love for the 760FX flats! :)

3. 7flat5

7flat5

Nov 28, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Maybe no love, but thanks for bringing them to our attention. I will definitely keep them in mind.

Are they "lively" like the TIs? I have a set of JFs on a bass, so I know what to expect there. They really speak with very little encouragement. Are the LaBellas similarly enthusiastic, or are they more on the not-so-flexible pull-at-em-to-get-a-sound side?

4. Cannabass

Cannabass

Jan 22, 2010
    yeah im gonna need to grab a set of these they seem really nice

5. jasper383

jasper383

Dec 5, 2004
    Durham NC
    TI Jazz Flats are unique. There are no other flats that are as high-middy, growly, and slinky as they are. Easy to play, requiring a touch that is on the light side.

The 760FX La Bellas are much more in the traditional flats camp. That said, they are very similar to TIs as far as stiffness. You will need to "pull" on them a little harder to get them to play than the TIs, but that's true for any string.

One note: this is a set of flats, like many others, where the D and G sound different from the E and A right out of the package. They even out over time.

6. beyondat

beyondat

Jan 13, 2008
    Bronx, New York
    These are the only strings I have kept on my bass for 6 months. I'm shocked that more people don't use these. The g string needs a month or so to break in, I guess that turns some people off. I took these off for a day and tried TI's and missed the low mid Labella sound.

7. daniva

daniva

May 15, 2009
    I change from TI to la bella 760FS and i like a lot more the la bellas, because it has more tension that the TI, the TI are dificult to play faster notes, your right fingers doesnt react quite well in a too losey strings, but the tone of the TI are excelent, i wish the la bellas loose that sharp sound..well these are brand new, so, i have to wait and play more.

8. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    I've used the Slappers from time to time over the past 6 years, and they're great strings, but a little bright.

9. tomwilliams1983

tomwilliams1983

Apr 6, 2009
    Are the 760FX as playable as the TI's?
    I mean could you use them for soloing?

10. tomwilliams1983

tomwilliams1983

Apr 6, 2009
    Got mine today
    Great strings!

11. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    I tried the FXs but didn't like the feel.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 1, 2020