1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

La Bella Beatle Bass string gauge?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by soulfool, Apr 10, 2010.

1. soulfool

soulfool

Dec 28, 2009
    I have a Hofner Ignition, aka Icon, with La Bella Deep Talkin' Beatle Bass strings (.050 - .065. -.080 -.100). Tonight I broke the D string and need to order another string... or a whole set... just to have extras handy. I've read some posts here about EXTRA LIGHT gauge La Bella flats and am thinking about ordering these instead of the gauge I currently have. The gauges on the the extra light strings are .039 - .056 - .077 - .096.

The posts I've read here seem to be split on which is "better" but I'd like some opinions on whether the La Bella extra light gauge is too light for my playing style, which is: New to bass - but play guitar, No slap, play with a pick and play a lot of Breeders and Pixies songs. Thanks in advance.