1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

la bella black nylon?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by pao_bass, Oct 31, 2006.

1. anyone here has tried this set? I am curious on how this would sound on my ibanez 6 string. any suggestions on how this set sounds normally?

2. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    I used LaBella black tape wound strings for years. They're great! My favorite was out of them so I tried the GHS 3050s which have a slightly small E. Same boom for less $. I found the GHS and Labella cheaper at Juststrings.com

GM

3. Wesley R

Wesley R Gold Supporting Member

1968 or so through sometimeearly in the 80's when I couldn't find them any more. I then switched to GHS (Pro-formulas, I think they were called), then those were hard to find and I used another GHS Tape wound. My last Guild used Roto's and they were good. Way back the Labellas were inexpensive in comprison. I did experiment with Fender and other tapes.
    Just for the experience I strung my latest bass with Daddario Chrome flats, I kinda felt like a taitor. They are fine.

Best of Luck,
    Wes

4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I've got a set on my Brice 6 string fretless. Love em!

5. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    This thread is about how we feel about strings. If you feel like that vegetable I think you need to go over to Talkspud.com.

6. Pruitt

Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    I just put them on my new cheap fretless Douglas 6er and they made it sound fantastic. A huge difference from the stock roundwounds that came on it. I couldn't put it down after restringing and setting it up. I may try them on some of my other basses now. :)

I'd say go for it! ;)

7. Wesley R

Wesley R Gold Supporting Member

I need to use spell check more often.

Best of Luck,
    Wsley R.