1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

La Bella Drop Tune Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by SturmUndDrang, Dec 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Any body play with these? I started playing with a band that does mostly D standard tuning and occasionally drop C. Is the .111 going to cut the mustard for a C string? They describe the strings as having larger cores for added tension but seems like the gauges are the same as the old M70 stainless steel set.
    Other options would be DR drop tuning, Dunlop heavy cores, The heavier set of D'addario balanced tension might also work exl160BT, the long heavy boomers with the .115 and Kalium.
    I was using Pro Steels but the .110 felt a bit loose at C. They do make a .120 string but I'm worried that might be too tight tuned to D.
    Thoughts?

2. Okay, so no love for La Bella drop tune strings? How about a recommendation for a set to cover DGCF and CGCF tuning?

3. Grumry

Grumry

Jul 6, 2016
    Nashville
    I have some cheap EB Power slinky that are 110-55, I believe, and use them in D standard/drop C with out much problem on my P.

SturmUndDrang likes this.
  4. madidus

madidus

Apr 3, 2014
    Australia
    I have the La Bella DDTs on my P bass tuned to D standard. Very nice fundamental tones and they growl when played with enthusiasm. Awesome strings. I have the set with the 110 E string.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    SturmUndDrang likes this.
  5. Thanks Madidus. Saw you talked about them in the D standard club that recently popped up. If they're mellow for steels I might stick with my Dad pro steels or give the DR DDTs a shot. More zing the better and long life is a plus too which I know the Dads give me just wish they had a .115. Ernie Balls are the Rodney Dangerfield of strings and if I wanted to try less expensive nps strings I'd probably go for heavy boomers first since they have a .115 but I would rather stick with stainless steels.

madidus likes this.
  6. In case anyone is interested, I found out SIT makes power wound nickel and power steels in a .115 gauge. They don't come in a standard 4 string pack but can be had in a build your own set. Well made strings with a bright tone that lasts at a reasonable price in my experience.