1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

La Bella Hofner Beatle Bass

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by NandoVieira, Oct 2, 2013.

1. NandoVieira

NandoVieira

Apr 6, 2011
    New York
    Does anyone knows if these strings fits on The Epiphone Viola Bass?
    Either the Tapewound and Flatwounds?

2. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    yes

3. Sure do. Do yourself the favor of searching past posts for this question. The basses of this design require a medium scale string, which is what this set actually is.

4. NandoVieira

NandoVieira

Apr 6, 2011
    New York
    Thanks everybody...
    I did the search but I didn't find anything about these specific strings... we don't have them here in Brazil so I got confused about it being medium or short scale...
    I did email La Bella and the guy told me to be carefull about the length of the E an G strings at the nut... it could not fit right the wound part of the string...
    So I'm afraid of ordering this set...

5. hotbass57

hotbass57

Nov 27, 2011
    Fairfield,Ohio
    I have medium scale daddario xl chromes on mine. Fit fine and they sound good.

6. NandoVieira

NandoVieira

Apr 6, 2011
    New York
    Looks to me like the Tailpiece on the viola is shorter than the Hofner... so I'm worried about ordering The La Bellas... they're made to fit the Hofners...

7. donn

donn

Mar 28, 2011
    Seattle
    This ought to be a simple problem, não é? Measure bass, measure string.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyehmOd004bkb0YLQQYvDro0emp5ofYMyRw1E4kbln6Oo9ZCdd.

If you don't have one - they're very useful. Measure from the tailpiece where you mount the end of the string, to the nut, and also from the tailpiece to the E and G tuning pegs. If you didn't get specific lengths from La Bella, write back with your measurements and ask. Let us know what he says.

8. NandoVieira

NandoVieira

Apr 6, 2011
    New York
    that was the answer from La Bella:

Fernando
    You are in luck
    They copied the Hofner..
    The ball on the Original sets which we still make had a smaller ball.
    The one thing they did was good and they changed the machines.
    Our Beatle Bass sets should fit perfectly.
    There are three models.
    When you get the set lay out the first and fourth strings to make sure the wind part reaches the nut…This is the most important.
    If you have any problem give me an e mail and I will help you get it straightened out.
    All you need is for the wound portion to just lay on the nut and you are safe. No part of the winding should be cut.
    The one good thing about this set is we reduce the diameter of the tail so there is no difficulty to fit the strings on the tuners.
    Remember to go around the peg several times then into the slot .

------

the distance from the ball end at the tailpiece to the nut is 34"

9. donn

donn

Mar 28, 2011
    Seattle
    So you would ask him specifically if the wound part of the E & G strings is at least 34 inches long, if I understand correctly?