1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

La Bella Supersteps changed?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by frankie5string, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Hi Guys,

I just got a six-string set of extra-long scale Labella Supersteps for my MTD Z6 fretless...

I remember using them back in 2003 or so and liked them then so I decided to order a set for the mtd.

Has anyone noticed a rather dramatic difference in the way these are made. I had to do a double take...
    I pulled out my old Ibanez Soundgear 5 that has SuperSteps from 2003 and while, yes, they do have stepped windings, the core at the bridge is not completely exposed. Rather, it's wound with very fine wrap wire from the end of the tapeer to where the string "witnesses" the bridge saddle.

On the set I just got, there's NO wrap wire at the bridge, just core directly contacting the saddles... Was this a known change?

2. ausf

ausf

Jun 24, 2008
    New York
    I just bought a set (Slappers) about a month ago and they are stepped, not exposed. This form a store within spitting distance of Labella, I would think they aren't sitting on 5 year old stock.

By the way, I loved the Slappers, but couldn't get the height right with the stepped core.