1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

La Bella Tapes!?!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by faust23, Sep 27, 2009.

1. im more than sure that this has been addressed before hand but is it just me or are la bellas a bit expensive,my main strings are drs so i get it but it just doesnt seem right

2. mrwink

mrwink

Apr 30, 2000
    Los Angeles area
    Sometimes when it's cold out, I wear white socks... they seem to hug my ankles and warm my feet nicely.

LaBella Tape wounds on my 535-24 Fretless... lovely, comfy, cozy... just like my cold weather socks.

I bought mine at Carvin for cheaps... don't remember how much though.

3. Yeah, they're expensive. Like the Thomastiks, they're worth every penny. I put a set on my fretless and call it a bargain.

-Mark

4. Boostedrex

Boostedrex

Feb 24, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    Yeah, I'd check with Carvin too. IIRC, Carvin's tapewounds are OEM'd by LaBella.

5. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    LaBellas are great and worth the price IMO. I personally prefer the Fender tapewounds, but they are only available in a 4 string set. For my six string it's LaBella tapes.

6. Fajah

Fajah

Apr 30, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    I switched from LaBella's to GHS tape wounds strictly due to price. I enjoyed playing the LaBella's but don't find that much of a difference in tension and tone when compared to GHS. Big difference in price especially for my 5 string.