1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

la bella ?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by harpguy74, Feb 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. harpguy74

harpguy74

Oct 2, 2011
    quebec canada
    i have been using the same set labella dtb .049-109 for i forget how many years now ans would like to know if i downsize a bit to the .045-105 in the same string will it be a pretty noticeable difference in feel and tone?

2. Feel? Yes. Tone? Not so much.

3. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    What he said.

4. Levin

Levin

Oct 30, 2012
    Sweden
    If you could hear a difference in tone after them breaking in you would be the first to hear a difference between gauges of the same brand and type.

5. Luckydog

Luckydog Supporting Member

Dec 25, 1999
    From my experience, the new tone might be a little different between gauges, but not so much the broken in tone. However, to caveat, in the Labella flats line, I've only used the Jamersons and the 760FL. So others may have different experience.

6. Klonk

Klonk

Apr 28, 2011
    Norway
    I've tried the LaBella 760FL, FS, FM and M/Jamersons, and I don't think you'll notice that much difference in feel, and certainly not in tone. The FS are pretty similar to the FM, of course a bit more flexibility in them, but the sound is pretty much the same. FWIW, I'm using the FS on a MIJ telebass now, and the FM on a Sandberg VS4. I love them both!