1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

La Bella's Gold / White Nylons: Pau Ferro Fretless?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by DLemos, Nov 1, 2016.

1. DLemos

DLemos

Sep 7, 2015
    Does anyone have a set of these that they use on a fretless? I got a Pau Ferro fretless fingerboard, and I'd like to preserve as much of the grain as I can. Has anyone ever gotten through the nylons from playing?

2. iiipopes

iiipopes Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    I gig semi-regularly with a set of La Bella regular gauge white tapes on a conventional fretted bass. That would put more stress on any particular point along the length of the nylon wrap than a fretless, and I have had the same set on for over two years without incident, and look forward to at least a couple more years to come with this same set.

DLemos likes this.
  3. woodyng2

woodyng2 Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Oregon Coast
    When i had my Cheyenne ii defretted,i had a set of the white tape/coppercores installed.
    They felt superb,sounded really wonderful in the upper registers,but i wanted more of a thuddy thumping sound from the E and A strings,so i eventually replaced them with Labella LTF's.
    All of the various Labella white tapewound sets i've used on different basses have been absolutely the smoothest feeling strings I've ever played,so i can't imagine a better string for not inflicting any damage.

DLemos likes this.
  4. DLemos

DLemos

Sep 7, 2015
    Sweet, sweet, sweet! I ordered a set, hoping for them to arrive on Monday. @woodyng2 You can't go wrong with La Bella's- except maybe that RX stuff. I had the '54s on my bass for a few months, they definitely have the thump.

woodyng2 likes this.
  5. DLemos

DLemos

Sep 7, 2015
    Strung up the Gold Whites. Unbelievable! Added all that fretless misty twang I needed!

woodyng2 likes this.