La Bella's Standard Deep Talking Strings.

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Bluez Dawg, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Pros
    1).They totally rock.
    2).Not bad price, and about $50 per set.
    3).Nice feeling, and nice looking strings.
    4).Nice bottom end.

3).if you're used to normal strings, other then flatwounds they will feel wierd at first, but very well worth it.

This is a mini review of the La Bella's Deep Talking standard strings, guage 45-105, Very nice set, and the black nylon tapes ads a little flare to them.
  2. chilliwilli

Aug 17, 2005
    yea Labella nylon tapewounds are great, they arent flats though

they are roundwounds wrapped in nylon. Also has em for real cheap

3. I can show you they are flat wounds, I have the package they came in, even the store owner said they where flat wounds.
  4. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    I think you mean the black silk at the ends? The Deep Talking flats and the nylon coated strings are different. I also don't think any of the nylon wrapped strings come in that small a guage.

5. I can take a picture of what I got, I could show you guys.

edit:> Here is the photo of the strings I use [​IMG]
    :hyper: :ninja: :bassist:
  6. 7flat5

Nov 28, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Everything seemed fine until you said "black nylon tape". The term "flatwounds" is usually reserved for strings wrapped with flat metal ribbon as the outer wrap. If the outer wrap of the string is flat nylon, they are usually referred to as "tapewound" not "flatwound," even though they are both flat wound strings, if you will.

So, are these the metal-wound Deep Talking Flats or the nylon tapewound Deep Talking Flats?
  7. These are the flat wounds, but they black ends near the tuning pegs though.
  8. 7flat5

Nov 28, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Yep. Them'r flats. That stuff at the end is referred to as "silk." Now we're all on the same page.

Thanks for the review.
  9. Finally! These are so awsome they sound good as well.

here is a sound clip of them.
  10. seanm

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Yup, those are the flats. I really like those strings, though I think I like the 760FL slightly better. I think the FLs cut through slightly better. However, I have a set of the 760FSs on a bass and I would not switch them until they wear out.

11. I hope they wear out soon, I'm looking for a muddy tone, and mixed with a blues tone.
  12. seanm

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
  13. Is their any place on the web that I can listen to them on a bass thats warn out?

14. BassChuck

Nov 15, 2005
    I've been using the LaBella Deep Talkin' Roundwounds on my 4001 and I really like them a lot. I get about 2 to 3 months of steady use.

You might try

for a better price. I'm not connected with them in anyway, just use them for anything with strings... and I mean anything.
  15. What type of style do you play? If its a ric, proble rock or metal correct?

16. middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    Hey Derek, I would suggest not using any effects on the recording when you post soundclips to judge the strings from. You can't really hear what they sound like - unlike your wah filter...:)
  17. Ok next time I will record straight thru the amp and sound card.
  18. C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada