1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

LA Muisc

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CHILDISHGAMBINO, May 11, 2006.

1. Any body ever deal with these guys they have some good deals but I've never heard of them and when I hit the buy it now button a warning about a certificate being invalid or something. Are these gus legit or is this some sort of scam site?

2. Anyone?

3. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    never heard of them. they are in canada, though.... but for some reason, they can't list boss prices??!?!?!??

weird.

4. I don't know why but Canadian Boss dealers can't display their prices online. I wanted to order from a Canadian company but the prices even with the exchange and duties are way way better on musiciansfriend so I went with them. La music seems pretty sketchy they still haven't emailed me back yet and all those fishy warnings that pop up when you hit buy it now.

5. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The certificate warning is because of your browser settings. Try using a different browser, or adjusting your security settings. Lots of perfectly valid business sites don't want to pay hundreds of dollars per year for a security certificate. Those certificates are like a schoolyard bully "protection" plan, nothing more.

6. hmmm.

7. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    Bringing back this old thread...
    LA music is about 20 mins away from me, Great guys working there, and its not a scam. And they've got a price beat so they're good. I bought my bass from them, had no prolems with them or my bass.

8. Good to know that they are good people to deal with. I'm not really to impressed with their communication skills though. I always look at it like this - if I email someone about a product I'm interested in that means I want to spend my money at their site if they don't reply they don't want that money. Another thing that's been driving me crazy is the huge price differences between Canadian sites and American. I bought my Bootzilla from Musician's Friend for 160 CDN shipping, dutiies taxes included. From most Canadian shops it would have run almost 300. Anyone know why the price almost doubles? It's not like our dollar is that bad right now I think I when I bought the pedal the exchange was 1 USD = 93 CDN cents. I can see the Canadian prices being a little higher but almost double? Come on. I mean come on.