Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lab Gruppen Poweramps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mz91, Sep 24, 2003.

1. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    http://www.labgruppen.com/

Has anyone had any experience with these poweramps! I emailed Epifani and brett recommended these poweramps because i live in Europe and QSC and such are very hard to come by. How do these compare with the best in the US? For those who have tried them out any input would be appreciated! :)
    thanks!
    Michael :bassist:

2. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    hmm, i was in the same situation, but at least in germany i found lab.gruppen to be just as expensive as qsc. i think they're more expensive to begin with, maybe because they never intended to reach anyone but the absolute pro.

i ended up buying a qsc in america, having it rewired for 230v. but i'll save some cost in shipping because my preamp is built in the US anyway.

i'm not sure whether they'll read this, but thanks to Bob Lee, Mark from Life Effects and Jack Read.

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    at Ultrasound rehearsal studio, they have the Lab power amps in all their rooms.

i suppose that vouches for their reliability, since MANY MANY bands in new york use ultrasound day in day out for practice space.

they're usually hooked up to an Aguilar DB680 & pair of Epifani 4x10's, and yes, they sounded pretty good. shot out some knee weakin' lows, and it easy to overpower everyone else in the room.

and if Brett at Epifani recommends them, they must be pretty good, too!

if you can get Lab stuff cheaper than QSC or the like, i say go with Lab. they're in your area, and would prolly be easier to find servicing for it, rather than having to ship it overseas to the US, no?

4. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    QSC buyers in Switzerland only have to send their products to the QSC distributor, Sinec Ltd., in Schonenwerd, for service, not to the US.

5. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    I bought a used RMX 1850 and i want to know how they compare...SO far i am very happy with the QSC. That will probably stay at home and the Lab Gruppen would eventually go to the practice room. :D

6. mrbaloo

mrbaloo

May 9, 2002
    Sweden
    In my opinion, Lab.gruppen's support is great. Resently I had a Lab 300 amp that had some smoke (maybe a small fire) coming out of the box. Lab.gruppen support told me to send it in for a service for a unit price of 600 SEK + VAT (Swedish money). The price tag of the serice wouldn't have changed even if the amp were run over by a tank instead. Very good service!

/MrBaloo