1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Labella 760FL - High Tension?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by walruswaspaul, Feb 22, 2008.

1. walruswaspaul

walruswaspaul

Jan 23, 2008
    I have just put on a set of Labella 760FL strings, now considering that they are meant to be light gauge the tension seems HIGH , I was actually a little alarmed by the tension ,they seem like bridge cables compared to some of the light gauge flats around. Anyone else use these? Whats your thoughts on these tension wise ?
    BTW , I love the way these sound , am just curious about the tension

2. NorCal Dog

NorCal Dog

Nov 28, 2005
    415/707
    they say that they are a medium tension,, but to me they feel higher than that. the good thing about them is you can drop the action VERY low, so that they are much easier to play, without any fretbuzz

3. walruswaspaul

walruswaspaul

Jan 23, 2008
    Thanks for the reply, I thought they seemed quite tense strings

4. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    760FLs feel like noodles compared to most medium gauge flats, including La Bella's own 760FS and 760FM sets. 760FLs are only marginally firmer than TIs. You want stiff, try a set of Fender medium flats :)

5. mario222

mario222

Dec 12, 2007
    I would not call them high tension strings just a litle stiffer than than your average light gauge flat. I switched to these after using Roto flats and the seemed kinda floppy in the begining. There are a lot of high tension strings out there and Labella 760fl's imho dosen't exactly fit that description. Lovely strings though, beatifully balanced.