Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

labella 760FL vs. Lakland Osborn vs. Sadowsky flats

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by ::::BASSIST::::, May 8, 2005.

1. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    After research and recommendations from TBers I am trying to decide between these three strings:

Labella 760FL vs. Lakland Osborn vs. Sadowsky flats

of these three which have BOTH the smoothest feel and the lowest tension?

If you know a string other than these that is superior in these characteristics please enlighten me :)

thanks!

2. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

I have been using Labella strings for many years ..always great results.
    I do have a set of Sadowsky flats which are also a great set of strings.... brighter than the Labellas in a good way and very smooth.

The tension on the Labellas and Sadowskys are very close.
    I believe the Sadowsky strings are made by Labella

If low tension is your concern check out the Thomastik Infeld flat wounds. they are low tension by design and sound amazing. Do a search on the board..there are many TI users on TB.

Its a tough choice they are all very high quality strings. The TI's are pricey....

I was not too crazy about the Osborn strings..but I might need to take them for a spin and give them a second chance.

3. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    hey thanks guys. and welcome to the talkbass x wolf. i have a set of labella 760fl on the way so hopefully they will meet my needs. i tried the ti flats and although they are great in alot of ways i am looking for something a little smoother.

:)

4. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Torin, good choice. I haven't tried the Sadowskys (yet), but the LaBellas are definitely smoother than the Osborns. The Osborns are plenty smooth, just not as polished as the LaBellas.

5. Rodriguez

Rodriguez

Nov 6, 2004
    NYC
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification & LaBella Strings
    If believe LaBella also makes Lakland's strings. I'm a LaBella guy, using the Super Steps & Quarter Rounds (between half & flat wound) w/ great results. I'd like to know how many of you are using LaBella upright strings, and how do they compare to say ... Dr. Thomastik spirocores .... any one?

Regards,
    R

6. Flatwound

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    The Lakland Osborn flats are basically GHS Precision Flats made to fit a 35" scale.

7. Luckydog

Luckydog Supporting Member

Dec 25, 1999
    "The Lakland Osborn flats are basically GHS Precision Flats made to fit a 35" scale."

what do you mean...does GHS make the Lakland flats?

8. Flatwound

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Yes. That's what I mean.