1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Labella 760FS-B 5 string?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by fakeneckplate'65, Apr 30, 2015.

1. fakeneckplate'65

fakeneckplate'65 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2014
    Columbus, OH
    I recently bought a 2012 Fender American Precision V as my first 5 string. It came with some sort of roundwound which is alright, but, I prefer flatwound strings.

How is the Labella low "B" ? I find the tension of the low B string on this Precision fine & not too floppy.

I'm also considering GHS Pressurewound strings. The current roundwounds are alright, but, the tension is lower than I'm use to.

I'm open to string other string recommendations as well.

Thanks,
    N.E. James

2. Well I've got the 128 B-string on my Squier Standard Precision V.

It's a good string. My E-string is more thumpy than the others and I'm not a huge fan of this bass, but the B seems to be pretty good.

Tension is good; not too floppy or stiff. Definitely worth trying the set on a P5.

3. fakeneckplate'65

fakeneckplate'65 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2014
    Columbus, OH
    The B string, with this current set of roundwounds, is relatively taught. The sound growls just a little bit, but, still has some thump. I have the the tone set @ around 20%.

My only other bass is a '96 MIM Fender Precision with Labella DTF's & I love the sound of it. It does have an EMG Geezer Butler pickup, which helped it immensely.

I appreciate the help.