1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

LaBella 760FS vs 760FM

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Metal Mitch, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    NJ
    I've been searching posts about the 760FS (and there's a lot). Mainly they get compared to the 760FL.

But I'm finding a lot more posts about the 760FM, they seem to be more popular than 760FS.

So how do the 760FS compare to 760FM?

2. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    NJ
    48 views and no replies... looks like these 2 sets attract players looking for different things. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say FS are used by players that want a more balanced sounding version of the FL, and FM are used by players wanting a lower tension version of the Jamerson set.

Prove me wrong!

3. jasper383

jasper383

Dec 5, 2004
    Durham NC
    Just from watching Talk Bass, it does appear that the FS and FX sets are the least popular, not sure why.

I have used the FS set and liked them quite a bit. They are similar in feel to the FL set; maybe people like the lower stiffness.

I haven't seen a comparison between the FM and M sets; I would think they are very close, although the Jamerson M set seems to occupy a different world from the others. :)

4. Labella Deep Talkin' Flats are my strings of preference - really love the sound. I use the FL (.043-.104) and FS (.045-.105) strings. They feel very similar to me, and I like the playability. I also have the Hofner flats (.050-.100) on my Rogue VB-100. GREAT strings!!

The FMs are larger in diameter (.049-.109) and to me it makes an appreciable difference in feel. For my touch the FMs and the even larger Jamerson sets are just too heavy for comfort.

5. lmfreeman9

lmfreeman9 Supporting Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Arizona
    I used both the FMs and Fs for a while and they sound great but were too stiff.
    I prefer the FL's or TI Jazz Flats.