1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Labella 7710s ?

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by buddyro57, Oct 5, 2006.

1. buddyro57

buddyro57 me and PJ (living with the angels now)

Apr 14, 2006
    Cedar Falls Iowa
    Could any of you share with me your impressions of labella 7710 (black nylon on steel rope-core) strings. I have used Spircocores (regular and weichs), so comparisons to them would be particularly useful.
    Many thanks
    JS

2. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    I used them until I switched to Animas. I liked the 7710's but they are difficult, but not impossible, to bow. Just have to put some rosin on the strings to help.

3. Univac: giving the link to a search result never works.

JS: search the Strings forum with "7710" and you'll get lots of threads about them!

4. I've had them on one of my basses for the past 2 years. They had a bright "shiny" sound to start with, but they've mellowed out over the past year or so, to the point that they're now almost tolerable when played arco.

Many people have commented on how easy they are to play, when they've tried my bass.

I got 'em 'cuz I thort they might make I sound jus' like Ron Carter - I'm still working on that bit… :(

- Wil

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021