labella beatle strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Mean Mr Mustard, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Mean Mr Mustard

Mean Mr Mustard

Oct 8, 2005
    Do the "La Bella Electric Bass Guitar Hofner Beatle Bass Flat Wound" as they are called on fit on any beatle bass knockoff.. I have a Rogue and was just wondering if anyone knew.
  2. DemoEtc

Aug 18, 2004
    At Harmony Central, it looks like at least three people said the short-scale strings (30"-31" scale length) don't work too well on the Rogue because it's actually a longer scale-length than the original Hofner (at 30.5" or so). The LaBellas are 32" scale length, so they should work.

I finally changed the short-scale set of Rotosounds I'd gotten originally for my Jay Turser Beatle bass to the medium-scale set of Rotos, and it fit perfectly. I think maybe the Rogue and Turser (and probably the Brice from Rondo) are all medium-scale length, so the LaBellas should fit too.
  3. julo

Jan 18, 2005
    Boulder, CO
    i've seen yesterday that during the Revolution music video of the Beatles; Paul had put some foam under the strings before the bridge pick up.
    hope this could help you get that *TCHONK* sound.

4. Mean Mr Mustard

Mean Mr Mustard

Oct 8, 2005
    Beatles music video?

Thanks for the info, I think I am going to go with these.
  5. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    I thought it was all about pyrimid strings for that McCartney thing?

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    The Beatles don't get enough credit or this but they invented the conceptual music video with "Strawberry Fields Forever." They also made live videos of "Revolution" and "Hey Jude."
  7. 7flat5

Nov 28, 2003
    Upstate NY
    And we all thought the Monkees' own Mike Nesmith invented the music video!

Irony aside, I really never thought about those videos, since they always kind of followed on the Beatles movies in my mind. Hmmm.
  8. julo

Jan 18, 2005
    Boulder, CO
    well you'll find lot of interesting things and images of the Beatles in their Anthology DVD box (that's where i saw that foam thing)
  9. jhfva

May 2, 2004
    Roanoke, VA
    I have a Rogue and they are a perfect fit.
  10. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    I have them on my Brice they fit perfect. Do not cut them! The core of the string is what is wrapped around the posts they are suppose to be like that. Use the full lenghth don't cut them!
  11. Contrapuntal

Mar 1, 2004
    Same here. They fit my Jay Turser Beatle Bass perfectly.