Labella customer service

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by corinpills, Nov 24, 2003.

1. corinpills

Nov 19, 2000
    Boston, MA
    I've bought dozens of sets of Labella flats in the past 15 years, I use the .49 to 1.09 set and just love them to death. They produce incredible fundamental tone and last forever. They're not cheap, of course, but they aren't as much as, say, Pyramids and I like them more.

Anyway, a few weeks ago, I bought a new set and started to put them on one of my Guild Starfires. As soon as I started to tune the D string up to pitch, it snapped at the bridge. As I said, they've been very reliable for me so I was surprised. Also, it should be noted, my basses have wood bridge saddles so there's not much chance of a burr- a splinter maybe.

Anyway, I called Labella and spoke to a super friendly woman who apologized and asked me to send the set back to them (not "return them to the store" which is what I expected). They sent me a new set right away with a really nice letter apologizing for letting me down. They got them right out to me, too.

I figure any company can get a bad string and one out of hundreds of strings on my basses isn't too bad a record, but I was really struck by how well they treated me.
    BigThud likes this.
  2. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Yeah, I love the Labella Flats too and I emailed the company this weekend and got a eply from the PRes of the Co. no less. Bruce Gavin got the same reponse from them. They are on the top of my Cust Serv list for sure. DR did the same thing with a few bad sets I got, but they did not even ask for the old strings back.

3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    As far as asking for the original strings back, there are two things they'll do:

1) Check them out to see what happened.
    2) Just make sure they're fresh so they know you actually bought them.

Usually the 2nd one is true, but still can't complain about their customer service. They're highly regarded as well as Gallien-Krueger which has never given me a problem, Hipshot which are amazing, and Hearo's who sent me a case of free samples for complimenting their product!

I love good customer service :)