Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Labella dead string...

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by jenderfazz, Mar 12, 2004.

1. I got some La Bella Hard Rocking Steels and the D string is already dead. Must have gotten a dead string. Either way, is there a way to get this string reimbursed by La Bella or something? I can always use an older string, but I really hate mixing brands. They just feel different. Any help?

2. tappel

tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Contact La Bella directly and see what they say. They have excellent quality control and I'm sure they'd like to hear about any bad strings that get out there.

Tom

3. I tried using their "contact" form on the site and left my phone number among other things. Hopefully that'll work, but I'll probably give them a call on monday or something. First dead string I've ever gotten, and this merely weeks before 2 shows I have to play. Do they have an email address?

4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    the hard rockin steels dont last long anyways, bro. give it 3 days, the rest should be pretty dead too. now the slappers... those last forever and a day.

5. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I've only used Hard Rockin' Steels once, and they lasted really well, including the B string, usually the first to die for me. LaBella should take care of you, and IME, most dealers will, too.

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    LaBella is a great company to work with, ask tappel, that's about all I order from his site! I had one bad string in three years (probably about 20 or 30 sets of Hard Rockin' Steels on three or four basses) and I told them about it, they sent me a new one. I thanked them for their wonderful service, praising them and they sent me a tshirt. LaBella is a pleasure.

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    And I must disagree with this. I've used LaBella Hard Rockin' Steels forever and my oldest set (going on six months) is still very much alive, with a lot of playing time on it.

8. Well, I got a reply from Robert A. Archigian, director of sales at LaBella, and he told me he'd send me a replacement on Monday. They were quick to reply and I'm glad that they're sending me a new one. Cool guys at LaBella!

9. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    LaBella is one of the most honest businesses in the industry, I was asking them about .145 B string and one guy over there told me not to get it because it wouldn't work very well, I bought it anyways and he turned out being right:D But I kept on wondering why they make them if they don't sound good and advice people not to buy it:meh:

10. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

Maybe I just have a twisted definition of "dead strings" or something.

11. Mabye people use it as a F# String?

12. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    I tried to tune it to F# but it still had some strange ringing tone underneath, that string just wouldn't work.