Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Labella Deep Talkin' Nylon Tape Wound

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by jongor, May 29, 2003.

1. jongor

jongor Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2003
    Maine
    Anyone have any experience with these strings?

I'm looking for a 5 string set for a fretless G&L with the single humbucker in the bridge position.

I'd like to get a warm, rubbery, sproingy tone...

I've tried the Fender version of tape wounds, they sounded good, but were very rattly.

2. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    I've used them on my SR5. The tone you described is exactly what they sound like. I use them exclusively on my ABG.

3. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I followed Rick's que and tried them on my ABG. They have low finger noise and fret clack. I was looking to emulate an upright and feel that I am fairly close. I am wondering how they would sound on a solid body?

4. BigTed

BigTed

Jul 1, 2002
    San Diego
    I picked up 2 sets at the local Carvin factory 'cause their pretty cheap there. I put one set on my Tacoma Thunderchief and was amazed. I threw the other set on my Jazz, and All I got was muddy, low definition thumping. I went with TI Flats on my jazz after that and I haven't looked back.

5. Tapp

Tapp

Aug 29, 2001
    USA, Mississippi
    I'm using these right now on my Pedulla Pentabuzz fretless and I really like the tonallity BUT I don't like the tension. They're too floppy (esp the B string). Also, the B string doesn't fit very well into the middle hole on the tuner because it's too big and doesn't seem to taper much like the D'Addarios I use.

Tapp