Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Labella Deep Talkin Rounds

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by jacove, Oct 15, 2005.

1. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    Hi,

any players who uses these, I can see that they come in some weird gauges, which gauge would you recommend and how do they compare to other rounds?

2. tappel

tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    I love those strings on my P bass. I use the medium set (760RM). They're unique because, for a stainless steel string, they settle in very nicely and don't have the typical brightness you'd expect from stainless strings.

Tom

3. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    Tom, how is the balance with these sets...doesn't the e-string feel a lot stiffer, being 110!...that's alot!

4. tappel

tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    It's an American P bass. They ship with .110 E strings. The bass has a really good setup, which helps, so that bigger E plays just fine.

I don't get too crazy about the "balanced set" idea. To put it in perspective, the difference between a .105 and a .110 is 5 thousandths of an inch.

Tom

5. BassChuck

BassChuck

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    I love the way they sound on my 4001. I just replaced them last night with SIT Power flats.... and, well, the Power Flats are comin' off today. (not the first $25 mistake I've made).

A quick email to 'JustStrings' and I'll be fine with some more LaBellas.

BTW my bass has the .0047 cap removed, so it has a lot more bass output that a stock 4001.

Tappel, I'm gonna go check out your site right now.

6. chilliwilli

chilliwilli

Aug 17, 2005
    juststrings will rip you off bicitystrings is cheaper and have better customer service