1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

labella goldentone/plain gut G&D

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by miles'tone, Oct 31, 2010.

1. miles'tone

miles'tone

Feb 26, 2008
    Wales, U.K
    Hi there all,

I'm after gut G/D strings (that won't break the bank) to go alongside my innovation super silver E/A's.
    I get nice volume and projection acoustically from the innovation E&A and I'm wondering which Labellas would be the most suitable? Or do they play the same but you just get a longer string life with the wrapped Goldentones?

Anyone tried both?

Hope you can help...

2. M Ramsey

M Ramsey

Mar 12, 2005
    North Carolina
    I've played Labella Goldentone G & D on my American Standard for about 4-5 years now. The wrap on the D stirng finally broke after 4 yars of playing, somewhere in the region of the E or F note in the first position.

Unwrapped guts can be played/used but the wrapped Goldentones minimize (actually eliminate) the "hairs" that happen and have to be addressed with unwrapped gut strings.

They're not really cheap, but I've seen other gut strings that are more expensive as well. They've worked really well for me.