LaBella - Outstanding Customer Support

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Lyle Caldwell, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Lyle Caldwell

Lyle Caldwell

Sep 7, 2004
    I put some 760FLs on my Jazz last night, and noticed two problems: the G string would not intonate (too flat for the travel range of the saddle to accomodate) and the E string wire going around the ball end broke after an hour's worth of play (this problem was more, um, noticeable).

So I called Labella this morning, and spoke to Eric. He was extremely nice, saying that on one batch of strings they had tried a new polishing method which put too much tension at the ball end, and that I must have gotten a set from this batch. He apologized and is sending me a new set, no charge.

He then asked what strings I had been using, what I thought of them, what I liked and disliked about them, and what I thought of the LaBellas even with my brief experience.

I was honest and told him that I prefer the inital sound of the TI Jazz Flats (but that I don't form final opinions on bass strings based on how they sound new), that I prefer the left hand feel of the TIs and the right hand feel of the LaBellas.

He asked me to call him back when I receive the new set, both to make sure the new set works for me and to hear my experience with non-defective LaBellas.

He was very gracious and took the time to really listen and showed interest in my opinions. That's increasingly rare as more and more companies are part of larger companies in the industry, and I applaud Eric and LaBella.

When I placed the call, I was thinking how unlikely it would be for me to ever order LaBellas again (two bad strings in one set), but now my confidence in them is restored and I would not hesitate to deal with them in the future.
  2. zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    I'm glad you got it squared away!

But now you got me worried about the two sets I just received a couple of weeks ago. I've got some new tuners to put on my fretted Jazz neck before I put that neck back on the bass, but that may not happen for quite some time. The other set is a backup for the year-old set that is on my Precision, and may not get installed for 'years'.

I got mine from Big City Strings. Where did you get yours?
  3. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    I had a very good experience with them as well. I bought a set of 760FMs to put on my P bass. Unfortunately the bridge on the bass only offers through body stringing. The break angle was too great because I had to have the saddle way far back. I called Labella and they sent me a free custom tapered string! I dont know if it solved the problem or not because I replaced the bridge with one that has standard stringing but I thought it was pretty goos CS!
  4. Lyle Caldwell

Lyle Caldwell

Sep 7, 2004