LaBella Purple Haze White Tape Wound Gold Strings??

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Eddie LeBlanc, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Eddie LeBlanc

Eddie LeBlanc

Oct 26, 2014
    Beaumont, Texas
    Don't create no problem, won't be no problem.
    Has anybody tried a set of the LaBella Purple Haze strings on their frettless? I see they are limited edition but made a big hit at NAMM this year. I just got two sets in to be used on a new Frettless I'm having built in Woodstock, USA Spector. And I have never used the LaBella White tapes before, much less ever tried the Purple Haze version. So I'm just wondering what to expect, tone, feel, longevity,etc.????

Been using nothing but Rotosound Black Tape RS 88s for decades on all my other frettless basses. But just decided do something different on the new Bahama Blue Spector NS4 that has been ordered. Oh yeah, Stuart is doing a 9.5 inch radius on the finger board. Should be a real smoking frettless. I'm chomping at the bit.

LaBella Purple Haze.jpg

DLemos likes this.
  2. I haven't tried the Purple Haze yet, but I reckon they're not terribly different from the La Bella Green Hornet white tapes I have on my EBMM fretless Stingray. In fact, I'd wager they're probably only different in color. Anyway, I will probably never take these strings off of that bass. They are the smoothest, silkiest babies around, and the sheer range of tonality/dynamic they pump out is a no-brainer; especially on a fretless, as they do just about everything rounds and flats will do for you, but more diplomatically. Definitely try a set of these - they do not disappoint!

Eddie LeBlanc likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021