1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

LaBella Q.C.

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Mojo-Man, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:

I picked up a set of LaBella Flats. (The Old 1954's)

G-string was defective.

Called Bob, at LaBella.
    Sent out a new string, next day.
    No questions ask.

A real gentleman.
    That's first rate quality control.

2. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    That's what has kept them around all these years.

G

3. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    My experience with them was the total opposite. YMMV but I've personally sworn off buying their product again.

4. mobis.fr

mobis.fr

Jun 2, 2005
    germany
    bought a set of 760fl - dead E string, strange G string (really rough)
    got a replacement set - significant quiet A string
    waiting for an other replacement set. this time some 760fs

i also bought a 760fl set at january - perfect set...

5. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    That is customer service not quality control.

6. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Just noticed that :p

Both stink in my opinion though.:spit:

7. X Wolf

X Wolf Guest

I've been using La Bella's for many years and I've always received great customer service. Any company can let a bad string slip through the cracks and on the rare occasion that I've gotten a bad one, La Bella has always come through with no hassle at all. By the way, I've yet to play a flatwound set that I like as much as the 760FL's and 760FS's.

George

8. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Maybe LaBella just hates me?:eyebrow:

9. I bought my first set of La Bella's a few months back after reading all the praise here on TB. The G string broke at the bridge within a few hours of putting them on, and the D string was way too bright and zingy compared to the rest of the set.

Rather than fuss with customer service -- which I probably should have but thought it would be a hassle -- I ordered another G string single from juststrings.com and swapped out the D with another set of FLs I already had. (That other set is on an SX bass that I don't play much.)

So my only experience has been poor QC but I'm assuming I was just unlucky. I bought another set of La Bellas afterwards (an FS set) that's still in the package. When the time comes to string those up (next year?) I hope they're good.

10. X Wolf

X Wolf Guest

I've switched to FS's from FL's and I like them much better on my fretted basses, they have a fuller sound with more thump and only have a bit more tension than the FL's as well as a non zingy G. As far as my fretless, I like the tone better with the FS's but I miss the slightly lower tension of the FL's for expression. I'm going to keep the FS's on there for a while however because I think I can adapt.

George

11. Yeah I bought the FS set because I wasn't quite happy with the FL set, but at the same time I'm not so unhappy with the FL set that I couldn't wait to tear them off and replace them. The thing I've noticed, consistent with what folks here have said, is the FLs seem to improve over time so the longer I play them the less dissatisfied I am. Meanwhile the FS set is safely standing by awaiting its turn when the time is finally right to change out. :D