1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Labella steinberger flats help!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by FishDub, Sep 27, 2013.

1. FishDub

FishDub Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    Any personal experiences or feedback on these? I have an xl2 that I was thinking about trying these but I am not a flatwound fan. So my only 3 questions:
    How is the slap tone?
    Will they fit without issues on the xl2?
    How do they sound???
    Thanks

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Long scale strings designed for Steinbergers will fit any long scale Steinberger that uses double ball end strings. The slap tone with flats is different but very cool. Very much an early 70's funk vibe before they all got converted to rounds ;) Labellas have a very bright top end and a bit of a scoop that I ultimately decided I didn't like on anything but my violin bass, but they have a cool thud and a lot of folks like them. Will you? Sounds like you're predisposed not to, but all you have to lose is money.

3. gleneg61

gleneg61

Jan 10, 2008
    Osaka Japan
    No probs on my XL2A fretless for fit, slap sound is kinda thumpy/dead as you'd imagine w/ flats on fretless but probably less so on fretted. Your call sir