Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

LaBella string length

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by dabber, Jan 22, 2001.

1. dabber

dabber

Jan 22, 2001
    Florida
    Great site, hence my posting...

Here's my headache for the last week. I own a Dean Edge5 fretless currently strung up with S.I.T. Silencers. I am dying to try Labellas on it. A friend has a MIM Jazz with the Fender tapes and it sounds really good.
    My Problem: The Dean is a 35" scale. Carvin sells Labellas for $18 & change. NICE. Carvin basses are all 34" (right)? I emailed Carvin to ask about the length of the tapewounds and got this reply "no idea if they will fit at all". Yes, I did send them my neck length,etc. but alas...no help. Also, on the Carvin suggestion board someone talks about Labells just being to short for his G&L2500 (when thru body...) Any suggestions, comments, etc. would be greatly appreciated...
    Going to see Bela/Victor on Feb3 at HOB.
    I can't wait...

2. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    You can call Labella. There's a phone number on their web site, and real live people will get on the phone with you. They might be more help than the Carvin guys.

Also, I just measured a set I have here (that I got from Carvin), and they measure about 38" from ball to silk, if that helps.

3. dabber

dabber

Jan 22, 2001
    Florida

HaHaHa
    Now nothing can stop me and my bass(except maybe my wife..)

Thanks Flatwound...