Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Labella Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by shafticus, May 8, 2001.

1. shafticus

shafticus

Apr 12, 2000
    hey people, im Just curious about what you all think about LaBella strings. I want to but a 5 string set, but with lack of sufficient funds (buying a new bass), i want to make sure they are worth buying. More specifically, the 45-128 (i believe) gauges and the string type being Hard Rockin' Steel. Any info on the company is very helpful. Thanx

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I ordered a set of these from http://www.juststrings.com and they have been on backorder for 4 weeks, so I can't give you a review yet.:mad:

Angus uses Hard Rockin' Steels, and he swears by them. There must be others here who use them as well.

Anyone?

3. shafticus

shafticus

Apr 12, 2000
    Jason newsted from metallica also plays em, and i love his sound(guess cause im a heavy metal bassist) and i was just curious. oh well thanx for telling me, at least now i know ill have to wait awhile to get a pair.

4. John Ruiz

John Ruiz

Oct 9, 2000
    Plano, Tx
    I used to play them religiously on my Ernie Ball and my Carvin, but I switched to Rotosound Swing Bass 66's and LOVE them. They are both great strings though and I am about to try some LaBella's on my new 6.