1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

LaBellas and Peter Washington

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by Kevin Hsieh, Sep 4, 2008.

1. What kind does he use? The afterlength is red with a black spiral. Saw him last night with Kenny Burrell. Great tone, but a little muddy when in the mix.

2. Adrian Cho

Adrian Cho Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2001
    Ottawa, Canada
    I thought he used Animas?

3. fred pratt

fred pratt Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2004
    New York City
    I haven't kept up, but there was an article in Bass Player magazine a few years ago where he said he had switched to "D'Addarios." Of course the photo accompanying the article showed that his bass had Velvets on it.

4. Just talked to him last night. They're labella's now

5. Is he using the black-nylon ones, like Ron Carter?

6. we only said a few words to each other but they had a red afterlength with a section of black spiral in the middle.

7. Thanks, but were they wound with metal on the outside (so the 7720 set) or black-nylon (so the 7710 set) ?
    It should have been obvious if it was black, so it was probably the metal set.

8. i would agree that it probably was the metal set. I mistook them for spirocores until I took a second look at the afterlength.

9. I thought the metals were red and green?

10. TroyK

TroyK Moderator Staff Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    I've always liked Peter Washington's playing. I'm saddened to know that he suffers from the same affliction that I claim to have recovered from (string infidelity).

11. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    *snicker*

Attached Files:

12. TroyK

TroyK Moderator Staff Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    ...um...an excellent point, Chris...I think...

13. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    One of your chickens is broken...

14. Don Higdon

Don Higdon In Memoriam

Dec 11, 1999
    Princeton Junction, NJ
    Looks like the 'A'.