1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Labellas not fitting in peg hole

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by edencab, Dec 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. edencab

edencab

Aug 14, 2013
    Toronto, On
    hi trying to install a set of Labella 760FS on my MIM jazz......can't seem to get the E or A string to fit on the tuning peg holes....anyone else ever have this issue?

**Edit ** I managed to get both in, but wow was it ever hard to push /wiggle them in, and I don't think the E is all the way in, but I'm sure it is locked in enough with the wraps to keep it stable......D& G were no issue

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  2. I don't bother with the holes anymore. Pull it through the slot. One winding over and the rest under, just like your guitar's wound strings are installed. After that just cut off any excess with wire cutters.

3. edencab

edencab

Aug 14, 2013
    Toronto, On
    thanks, I'll try that next time

4. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    The part that is inserted should be thinner than the full thickness of the string... Should have been about 4" into the silk?

Pic?

5. edencab

edencab

Aug 14, 2013
    Toronto, On
    it is thinner for sure, but the finishing wrap around the core (under the silk) is quite bulky and made for a really tight fit...see this link for a picture that is similar to the black silk on my 760FS set.....see near the #3 bead?....that extra over wrap around the bigger cores of E&A, makes the string diameter too big, as opposed to non over wrap just to the right of the #1 bead......other strings I have: Fender flats, GHS, D'addarios don't have this extra wire wrap at the end

Look what came with my new Labella Deep Talkin flats...

6. The centre hole in the MIM Fender tuners could use a reaming. They do seem a bit...constricted for use with the 760FS set.

edencab likes this.
  7. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    I'll mention that to LA bella when I talk to then next...

edencab likes this.