Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Labgruppen. Score

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, Oct 19, 2005.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I just bought a Labgruppen LAB500 amp and it´s in the mail. These amps are supposed to be as good as it gets. And I got a superb deal on a used one. Woo-hoo :hyper:
    http://www.labgruppen.se/LAB500

2. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    I'd be interested in your takeon it. I know its no longer offered, but interested in comparisons with this model to other brands or models.

I sell LG here in the states, but the fp series is all I've ever delt with and sold.

3. jsbarber

jsbarber Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Brian:

I exchanged some messages with one of our European TB brethern when I was selecting a power amp. He acquired an iP450 when he sold his Glockenklang Bass Art Top. He was very happy with the iP450, which weighed substanitally less than the bass art. He felt that the Glock would be better for home and studio use, due to (slightly) superior tone. However his primary use was gigging and he didn't feel in that environment there was any tonal advantage to the Glock.

I was interested in the iP450 but it was not available in the US, as you stated. It seems like a very nice 1U 300-400 watt power amp.

Hope this is helpful.

Jim