Labsytems Head and Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PwX-Steve, Feb 11, 2001.

1. Hey guys
    ok im looking into buying a new rig.
    at the moment i have a

Labsystems 250B Mosfet powerstage (250 watts)

in mind
    but i was wondering if the

SWR Goliath JNR (2x10) Cab

would go with it. As you me be able to tell i know very little about amps and cabs but i need a new setup and yeh so dont pick on me if i made a boo boo and sounded dumb hehehehe

anyway thanks

2. or instead of the SWR
    how would a

Carlsbro PROCAB15 (200watt) cab
  3. I should of named this thread somthink else hehehe

anyway just also wondering

say if i got a 100watt head
    could i use it with a 200watt cab?
  4. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    There isn't really a sacred rule for how many watts difference there should be between a cab and a head. A 200 watt cab handles a 100 watt head, no problem, and you could probably run a 200 watt head through a 100 watt cab, if you're not too violent. There are two major things with speakers and amps:

1) Impedance mismatch - too little load on the amp will fry it. If you have a 2 ohm cab and the head isn't spec'ed for 2 ohms, meltdown will surely occur.

2) Poweramp clipping - one of the reasons to not have too little power. If you crank up all knobs to 10, the poweramp stage in your head may start clipping the signal, and under longer periods of time, this will damage the speakers. Regardless how many watts the amp and cab is.

Every setup you mentioned will probably work. Check the ohms ratings.
  5. Ok i have scraped the labsystems and SWR idae due to how much its going to cost me.
    im looking at

Kustom Bass III (100watt) head
    and the
    Carlsbro Procab15 (200watt)

i havent heard much about the Kustom brand
    this may require a new thread because id like to see what others think of the kustom brand

thanks for you help!!!