1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Lace Man O' War Jazz Bass Set

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by NKBassman, Jan 17, 2017.

1. NKBassman

NKBassman Lvl 10 Nerd Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Price:
    Lightly used set of Lace Man O' War jazz bass pickups (4-string).

$110 USD OBO, shipped in North America.

I had these in my Geddy Lee jazz bass for a year or two, but that bass didn't see too much action during that time. Pickups are still pretty much "like new", and were desoldered from the pots without trimming any of the wire. Will come in the original box with pickup screws modified (shortened) by my tech that work better with the odd Lace mounting ears.

These are great sounding pickups! They have a nice hot sound without being overly "too much" of anything. I tried them out after growing tired of my Dimarzio Model Js and was very happy with the switch. Same deep aggressive punch but a bit clearer and cleaner sounding without SO much mid-emphasis. I'm simply moving on back towards a more "vintage" sounding option.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  2. NKBassman

Jun 16, 2009
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Mostly looking for cash, but feel free to propose trades of nearly-equal or lesser value (you add cash as needed). Worst I can say is no. :)

Off the top of my head:
    Sonic Research 1590a Tuner Pedal
    Passive Precision pickups (EMG Geezer would be of particular interest)
    Lakland/Hanson Chi-Sonic humbucker(s)
    Mudbucker neck pickup
    Audere Pro-Z preamp (5-knob+switch)
    Microphones (SM57, Sennheiser e609, cheap condenser pair, etc)
    Squier/Allparts or similar bass neck
    Squier/Allparts or similar Stratocaster guitar neck, or Telecaster neck with a strat heel.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  3. NKBassman

Jun 16, 2009
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Some local interest in just the bridge pickup, but I'd rather sell them as a pair.
    Make me an offer.

4. NKBassman

Jun 16, 2009
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Sold pending payment.

bonespatrol likes this.
  5. NKBassman

Jun 16, 2009
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    bonespatrol likes this.