1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

lace sensor j + vintage jazz pu combo?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by mastershake, May 18, 2011.

1. mastershake

mastershake

May 12, 2011
    i have both of these pups and was pondering the idea mixing the two together. i like percussive attack i get with pole piece pickups but it comes at the cost of higher magnetism which if im correct disrupts the strings natural rotation which messes with its true pitch which is why the pointer on tuner never really seems to stand still swaying back and forth with pole piece pups. any way i just dont know which way to set it up; the lace sensor at the bridge or at the neck. which option will give me more string movement.

2. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    You wont notice any string pull unless your strings are almost touching the pickup. Even then, with pickups with rod magnets, like a Fender J, you will hear a warbling of the pitch way before the pickup stops the sustain of the string, which it really can't.

String pull is more of an issue at the neck position than the bridge. But choose the one you want based on the tone in that position, not because you are worrying about string pull.

3. mastershake

mastershake

May 12, 2011
    makes sense thanks for the feedback.