1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Lace Transensor Bass Pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Kraig99, Oct 21, 2002.

1. Has anybody used the Lace Transensor series bass pickups, specifially the P style? If so, how do they sound and are they quiet? Thanks in advance. . .

2. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Kraig, I think you mean Lace Sensor. My Fender Precision Special has P/J Lace Sensor pups. I love the sound of the J bridge pup, but the P pup doesn't sound like a P at all. Output is low, not much punch, not much in terms of lower mids either, which is what I expect from a 'standard' P bass. All in all, I plan to change it.

3. AGTMAUVE

AGTMAUVE

Jul 28, 2002
    Well there are Lace Sensors AND Lace Transensors . They are two different types of pickups according to the manufacturer's web site. I haven't heard either type yet ... so I can't comment. I'm actually waiting for a J-bass trans Sensor right now. Sorry, I don't know anything about the P style.

4. Skips

Skips

Feb 19, 2003
    I ordered a J bass trans today.

As far as being quiet, I think they use similar technology to the Fender Noisless pickups.
    My friend has a Strat with Laces, and it's silent even with crazy distortion.
    Single Coil laces are quiter than regular humbuckers.