Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lace Transensor Bass Pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Kraig99, Oct 21, 2002.

1. Has anybody used the Lace Transensor series bass pickups, specifially the P style? If so, how do they sound and are they quiet? Thanks in advance. . .

2. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Kraig, I think you mean Lace Sensor. My Fender Precision Special has P/J Lace Sensor pups. I love the sound of the J bridge pup, but the P pup doesn't sound like a P at all. Output is low, not much punch, not much in terms of lower mids either, which is what I expect from a 'standard' P bass. All in all, I plan to change it.

3. AGTMAUVE

AGTMAUVE

Jul 28, 2002
    Well there are Lace Sensors AND Lace Transensors . They are two different types of pickups according to the manufacturer's web site. I haven't heard either type yet ... so I can't comment. I'm actually waiting for a J-bass trans Sensor right now. Sorry, I don't know anything about the P style.

4. Skips

Skips

Feb 19, 2003
    I ordered a J bass trans today.

As far as being quiet, I think they use similar technology to the Fender Noisless pickups.
    My friend has a Strat with Laces, and it's silent even with crazy distortion.
    Single Coil laces are quiter than regular humbuckers.