Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lack of inspiration or just anticipation?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ikickuintheballs, Apr 10, 2001.

1. Lately, I haven't been too motivated to play. Maybe it's because I'm on vacation.. or maybe it's b/c I just can't wait for my Warwick 'vette. Or.. it could just be that there's other stuff going through my head.. what do you think?

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Hm, perhaps you really just need that - a vacation ;)

3. heh this thread ryhmes

4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    maybe just the vacation... if your body tells you to NOT play...just follow orders and relax... the need to play will come soon.

my case is backwards... medicinie school is waaay demanding and i had few times to practice. after a two day sleep woke up with plenty of time and energy and i have practiced for two days-all day.

of course my fingers need to rest, so i go eat or sleep...and back to practice :D

5. I was just on the phone with my friend who's been playing about 6 months less than me and he was like dude, you're awesome at bass.. how much do you practice? The amazing thing is.. I don't practice much... I really should but my muscles are tired a lot b/c in gym I work out and then I get a lot of hw. I guess it's natural? lol back to some practice then sleep. later

6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    maybe you are good because your arms are stronger (by the Gym)...
    your friend does exercise?

and maybe that´s why you don´t practice that much... cuz playing Bass is exausting...should be a sport man (even more if your have a Thunderbird or a Warwick)!

7. he doesn't work his arms much. That's about all I like to work out, hehe. :D yea.. I'm serious.. when I get that warwick.. straight to the shed I go! I have a list of songs to learn already, hehe. ohhhh can't wait. ;) I don't know why.. but I feel the 4-string are holding me back.. even though I'm not great, I know I can do better with more options available. :D Now to start working.... :D

8. I know what you mean about the T-bird. I played one on Saturday night. The thing was freaking HUGE!

I had to turn it sideways, so it was resting agianst my hip, and it was still a hell of a reach for me to play.

Of course, the bassist who had let me play is almost a foot taller than me, and his strap just HAD to be unadjustable. Oh well, I made it work anyway, but it felt the same as playing 4 sets in a row on my J-bass, and I only played two songs!

FF