1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lack of response from bandleaders who run want ads for musicians

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by funkster62, Jun 11, 2014.

1. funkster62

funkster62

Oct 24, 2011
    Knoxville MD
    If you're going to advertise for musicians, I think you should answer the ones you aren't interested in within a week's time and not leave them hanging. I dislike waiting for a response to my e-mails, getting none and then getting called for an audition two weeks after I've joined another band. It wastes my time and their time.

2. skychief

skychief

Apr 27, 2011
    South Bay
    That sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

3. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    That's because some people don't give a !@#$^!#!, and have no people skills.

Perc44 likes this.
  4. INTP

INTP

Nov 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    I've gotten responses from CL ads about 20% of the time. Mostly, just nothing. I've tried different approaches (e.g. posting specifics, related to the ad vs. just saying, "I play bass, call if interested"). It doesn't seem to make any difference that I can tell. Going forward, I may reply but will only respond with something simple. Overall, I'm not impressed.

5. Classic69

Classic69 Banned

Feb 25, 2014
    Worse when person responds, declaring their greatness, THEN when responded TO- for audition time & date..
    Flakes.

Both scenarios are non-acceptable & non-professional.
    However that is life. A great many businesses never respond to either resumes sent, or even candidates they interview.
    Busy World I guess, not enough time for some to be polite or professional.

6. Zephrant

Zephrant

Dec 10, 2013
    Spokane, WA
    I got a lot of no replies too when I replied to adds. Think of them as self-filtering.

When I gave up and started posting adds for my own band, I promised a reply within 24 hours, and actually replied to every person within 12 hours.

If you can't check/reply to email twice a day, you don't care to work hard enough to hold a band together.

7. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Craigslist anonymous emails often go to the junk folder, which might be why you get so few replies.