Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ladder theory... anyone agree with this BS?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DEFELDUS, Aug 31, 2003.

1. http://www.dallaslynn.com/iw/masterladder.html

what do you guys think about this mumbo jumbo?
    i think this guy has just had bad experiences with women and is trying to come up with some excuse to justify his shortcomings. i have plenty of female friends, but that doesnt mean i want to sleep with them all. :rolleyes: thats just one of the things he tries to prove, the stuff he says just gets worse the more you read. i dont think anyone can make generalizations about people like this, and when i see someone who tries to i just think its ridiculous.

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    What do you mean you don't want to sleep with them all? Are you implying if they asked and they really wanted to and would not want a relationship after... they just wanted cheap sex, you would not comply?

(not that it would ever happen because women cannot grasp the concept of "one night only" :p )

3. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Retarded. There's all kinds of things going around that are supposed to help guys get laid. Its a bunch of nerdish horse**** in my opinion. Absolutely ridiculous.

4. :oops: my point is i have some that arent attractive. he tries to say that men cant be real friends with unattractive girls, and that leads to one wanting to sleep with all his friends. just read it, its just a bunch of ridiculous stuff.

5. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Chivalry is dead.

6. so true

but the more i think about this theory, the more it makes sense. i bet this guy and others actually do think this way. which is why they have all these negatviive feelings towards women. oh well, some people just suck :smug:

7. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    so THAT's why I'm not getting any. I should be a total ******* to all females, ignore them and believe them all to be stupid b**ches. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I can't see how it can all be true. I'm fairly sure there's some truth in it, but there are definitely so many more variables than all that.

then again, he might be right, but we can at least hope otherwise.

But if I ever become a big rock star, it'll all be null and void anyway. :cool: :p

:rolleyes:

8. I enjoyed being amused by that without any need for much (if any) basis in reality.

Besides, it's not for real.

9. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Not exactly true. I met a sweet, beautiful last week, and well... ta-daow... and now she won't return my calls. She certainly grasps the concept; I don't.

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Sorry folks, it's all true. First, we are animals. The two prime motivations of animals are survival and procreation, not necessarily in that order. This ladder thing is just a description of the procreation urge in the context of human social behavior and customs. It's exactly the same as it is for other animals. This can be most readily observed in our nearest relatives, the great apes and other simians. The females seek powerful males (since they don't know about money yet), and the males want to get as many females as possible. This behavior is actually very beneficial to the species, because it dramatically increases the likelihood that the genes of the strongest males will be passed on.

You are socially conditioned to reject these notions, but the fact is that you have to intellectually override your instincts to conform to humans' social mores. I don't know if that's necessarily a good thing.

That's all.

11. Hmm, so to get some you need to be a rich annoying loud jock ass****. No wonder I don't score.

12. Ian Hall

Ian Hall

May 31, 2002
    Rialto,CA
    That is so incredibly true here in Southern California.

I read up to the point where he was talking about all women pretty much being whores for money and power, and I sadly have to say that is pretty much true. I didn't really see any point in reading farther than that.

I've always thought it's funny when I see this incredibly hot chick driving her husbands $70,000 Excursion with TV monitors and 44" tires on her way to the mall to spend up his money while he is at work, and then later hear her make a comment about "that girl over there is such a slut. Like eeeewwww!!!"

And you aren't. What are you doing to your husband at night to convince him to allow you to go on your spending sprees?

It's all about the bankroll, sadly. I'll be single for a while:(

13. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    Oh, and to add to the "no wonder I'm not getting any" concept, this is what I think is what is going to be the eventual cause of the human race becoming extinct. All of the stupid, a$$hole jocks are getting all the chicks, while the decent human beings aren't. So, in an undetermined amount of time, intelligint, funny, interesting people will soon all die off, leaving only the dumb brutes. Dumb people won't be able to run the world nearly as well as the smart people, so they too will die off, or at least just become cavemen again.

or something. :confused: :meh: :p

14. Ian Hall

Ian Hall

May 31, 2002
    Rialto,CA
    I'm just happy apes haven't figured out how to build nuclear devices yet.

15. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I bet apes will develop WMD sooner than the Iraqis would have....

16. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Heh, I think that site is funny. Most women would abhor the sort, but I find it humorous. The reason it is humorous is because it's mostly true for the most part of women. Now.... women, or girls (cause I'm not a "man" yet, persay), that play bass or are into musical instruments are far from that general group of women this guy is talking about. Most girls at my school behave exactly, if not evolving into, the type of women this guy is talking about.

Sad but true...

17. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    Every girl I've ever met with the exception of one is like that. I think it's credible.

18. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

No, its not. For some girls it might be, but you don't want those girls anyways.

There are some truly good girls out there, but you have to search for them.

19. amen. the same can be said about people in general. :meh:

20. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Exactly.

One could look at the world and say "there is no good in the world", but that would be both closed-minded and just plain stupid.

It may be true that the stupid, arrogant, gold-digging, backstabbing women outnumber the down-to-earth good women, but that doesn't mean the latter doesn't exist. The majority of the time people are simply looking in the wrong places.