1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ladies and Gentlemen Mr. Stanely Jordan

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Yngwie 4String, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Yngwie 4String

Yngwie 4String Banned

May 3, 2007
    Auburn Nebraska

CAUTION JAZZ CONTENT!

2. You've come a long way from Yngwie. Keep stretching those ears. Congrats!:hyper:

3. Yngwie 4String

Yngwie 4String Banned

May 3, 2007
    Auburn Nebraska
    dude they are pretty far strectched. I listen to about everything seriously.

4. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Good job discovering Stanley. He's one of my guitar heroes. Made me re-think possibilities on the bass :). Check his debut album Magic Touch for a mind-blowing version of "Eleanor Rigby".

EDIT: Found the video:

5. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I saw Jordan live one time...the 1st 3 tunes or so? My jaw was hangin' on account of the technique: Melody/head, solo, walking basslines, chording/comping...all going on at one time?!
    Eventually, I just relaxed & dug the music.
    I will say Jordan does the best Hendrix-impression I have ever heard. His Shankar impression ain't so bad, either!

6. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    That's a tasty performance. Very nice. Nice to see Schaffer's comb-over looking so preened too. :D

Ouch. Revolver's one of my favourite records ever. Sounds like he was so stoked with his tapping arrangement he forgot what kind of song it is.

7. CrashBang

CrashBang

Jan 1, 2008
    Newton, MA
    Dave had hair then also. As well as Anton. Will had a nice doo.

Been a fan of Stanleys music for years. Had lost track of him . Thanks for the reminder, I will have to pull out my turntable, I was listening to him back when they still produced LPs.

8. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Stan has amazing chops, thats for sure.