Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ladies on bass

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by volker, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Listening to the Talking Heads song "Once In A Lifetime" yesterday I remembered they had a female bassist (Tina Weymouth). Which other bands with a lady on bass do you guys know?

2. ...would've surprised me if there hadn't been a similar thread before :meh:

3. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    aaaaahhhhh!!!!!!! you are new here, that explain it all......

Welcome to TB, by the way!!!:bassist:

4. Hi! Thanks for the nice welcome, CaracasBass! :)
    And thank you for the link! @ SMASH

5. Welcome Volker, I'm a kiwi too. I currently live in Auckland, but am relocating to Napier at the end of this month. You'll enjoy this bunch of rowdies!:D

6. Hi Marty! I'm actually from Germany, but I moved to NZ because it's my girlfriend's home country (we met on the internet). Thanks for your greetings, I hope it all goes well with your moving! :)

7. Brandy Wood from Cracker, Her picture on the back of Bass player Magazine is HOT! But, ive never actually heard her bass playing....... BUT HEY she hot! :
    :rolleyes:

8. Uhm..I play the bass..and I am female...not a babe though...
    ;)
    Wendy

9. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

Oh yes you are......;) :D

10. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

11. :D Johnny shut up!
    This thing with female bassplayers always make me a little...I don't know...
    They only check them out on the looks, most female bassplayers aren't that good (not in a musical way that is..:p )...

Wendy

12. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

:D Yes dear............:cool:

13. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I'm pretty sure Sara Lee also played on the Andy Summers / Robert Fripp album "Bewitched", and quite well!

14. 3rdEye

3rdEye

Nov 30, 2002
    CA.
    Allison Palmer _ Hello Betty

15. chris griffiths

chris griffiths

Aug 20, 2002
    nashville tn
    Endorsing artist: Gallien Krueger
    Carol Kaye

and Meshell ndege ochello one of the best bass player I can think of. very funky. also Sean Yseult from white zombie was a female bass player although she didn't do anything too fancy.

16. My favorite (as most TB members alreadly know)
    Talena Atfield (formerly of Kittie)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and finally...
    [​IMG]

17. Yay, it's a G&L L2000! I want one, too! :D

18. Sheryl Crow plays the bass on the new song she is doing with Kid Rock.

19. My girlfriend's comment on the band's picture in Rush's album Grace Under Pressure: "Oooh! Inbreeders!! :D "...hahaha!