ladies on bass

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by volker, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Listening to the Talking Heads song "Once In A Lifetime" yesterday I remembered they had a female bassist (Tina Weymouth). Which other bands with a lady on bass do you guys know?
  2. ...would've surprised me if there hadn't been a similar thread before :meh:
  3. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    aaaaahhhhh!!!!!!! you are new here, that explain it all......

Welcome to TB, by the way!!!:bassist:
  4. Hi! Thanks for the nice welcome, CaracasBass! :)
    And thank you for the link! @ SMASH
  5. Welcome Volker, I'm a kiwi too. I currently live in Auckland, but am relocating to Napier at the end of this month. You'll enjoy this bunch of rowdies!:D
  6. Hi Marty! I'm actually from Germany, but I moved to NZ because it's my girlfriend's home country (we met on the internet). Thanks for your greetings, I hope it all goes well with your moving! :)
  7. Brandy Wood from Cracker, Her picture on the back of Bass player Magazine is HOT! But, ive never actually heard her bass playing....... BUT HEY she hot! :
  8. Uhm..I play the bass..and I am female...not a babe though...

9. Oh yes you are......;) :D
  10. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

11. :D Johnny shut up!
    This thing with female bassplayers always make me a little...I don't know...
    They only check them out on the looks, most female bassplayers aren't that good (not in a musical way that is..:p )...

12. :D Yes dear............:cool:
  13. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I'm pretty sure Sara Lee also played on the Andy Summers / Robert Fripp album "Bewitched", and quite well!
  14. 3rdEye

Nov 30, 2002
    Allison Palmer _ Hello Betty
  15. chris griffiths

chris griffiths

Aug 20, 2002
    nashville tn
    Endorsing artist: Gallien Krueger
    Carol Kaye

and Meshell ndege ochello one of the best bass player I can think of. very funky. also Sean Yseult from white zombie was a female bass player although she didn't do anything too fancy.
  16. My favorite (as most TB members alreadly know)
    Talena Atfield (formerly of Kittie)
    and finally...
  17. Yay, it's a G&L L2000! I want one, too! :D
  18. Sheryl Crow plays the bass on the new song she is doing with Kid Rock.
  19. My girlfriend's comment on the band's picture in Rush's album Grace Under Pressure: "Oooh! Inbreeders!! :D "...hahaha!