1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Lado basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shakey_slim, Apr 17, 2001.

1. shakey_slim

shakey_slim

Jan 3, 2001
    Spokanistan
    Does anybody know about these basses or has anyone played them? I know they were made in Canada in the 80's and then later overseas, but I can't find anything else on them.

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  3. I had one for a while - the early ones were very B.C. Rich inspired. The previous owner had stripped the finish off the back of the neck and eventually it twisted like a barber pole! :(

It was pretty nicely made, but I've never been a fan of multipiece necks/bodies made from very dense hardwoods. They don't give me as warm as sound as I usually like.

4. gnawblock

gnawblock

Mar 13, 2007
    I have one and can't find anything on it. All I know is, it's the best bass I've ever played. Unfortunately I have to sell it to pay off post wedding bills. Interested?......anyone?

5. Baird6869

Baird6869 LET'S GO BLUE JAYS...(in 2016)...LET'S GO!!

Very vague post. Lado made/makes basses that retailed for $200 - $5000. And the resale on Lado's are terrible.

You should probably include more info. Also, you need to be a supporting member to sell a bass here.