1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD ~~~~~~LADO STUDIO 605 5 STRING !!!! ~~~~~~

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by MoonDoggy, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoonDoggy

MoonDoggy Registered Loser Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Altoona, PA
    EDIT: New deal.......this has simply been sitting too long. So I'm now accepting offers. I'll give it 2 weeks from today (Monday, April 26th) and take the highest offer I get. So if you've had the slightest GAS over this bass, shoot me an offer. A low-ball offer may or may not get you the bass!

For those of you who are not familiar with Lado, please do some research. Joe Kovacic has been building boutiques for quite a while. Aside from not doing his own electronics and pickups, his stuff is comparable to Alembics in fit, finish, construction, looks, etc (in my opinion).

I'm considering trades on this for a bass that will be easier to sell. I simply don't play this and it's not fair to let it sit and collect dust. Again, if I take a trade on this, it will be for the purpose of flipping it, not necessarily keeping it.......unless, it's a bass from my wish list (see link in my signature)!!!

Specs:

- Ser # CDN-STUDIO-605-2132
    - 34" scale 5-piece NT Flamed Maple & Purpleheart neck.
    - Purpleheart and Flamed Maple stringers btn neck and body wings
    - A beautiful rich purpley-red Purpleheart top over Flamed Maple core w/ a gorgeously grained Mahogany/Sapele back. The pics don’t do it justice!
    - Gold hardware w/ 17mm spacing at bridge
    - High-gloss thick clear coat.
    - 3" at 24th fret, 2" at the nut
    - Gaboon Ebony board
    - Bartolini humbuckers w/ Bart TCT 3-band preamp (and extra 'black box')
    - Bathroom scale weight is 10-11lbs. (This thing is ALL heavy hardwoods too!!!)

The condition is great. It has a slight scuff in the clear coat on the bottom edge of the lower horn. There is also a much less significant scuff on the lower edge by the jack. Lastly, there are 3 Small dimples- one on top by armrest, one on the edge just below knobs, and the other on the top edge of the upper horn. It had a pro fret leveling and crowning about a month ago. She's ready to rock!

This is a beautifully built and amazing sounding example of Joe’s work.

My price is $1000 $975 $955 $935 $915 $895 $875 = FINAL PRICE CUT plus shipping anywhere.

More pics here:

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c154/moondoggy3/-SOLD- Lado Studio 605/

LadoStuido605FRCL.

LadoStuido605BKCL.

LadoStuido605HDFR.

It's a terrible thing that Joe's instruments aren't more well-known. They are top notch in tone, construction, and feel. They are some of the most versatile basses I've ever played. They can do it all from hard rock, to slap 'n pop, to smooth mellow, & warm. They are a bit brighter and punchier than most Bartolini equipped basses, probably because of the woods used. Flamed Maple, Purpleheart, and Walnut are very dense woods, and stunningly beautiful to boot!

2. MoonDoggy

Dec 15, 2005
    Altoona, PA
    Make offers. See beginning of first post.

3. Sbociol

Sbociol

Feb 24, 2009
    Wow!!

4. StuartV

StuartV Finally figuring out what I really like Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    Come with case?

5. MoonDoggy

Dec 15, 2005
    Altoona, PA
    I can take a gigbag from one of my other basses for an extra $15. Or, just make that part of your offer!

6. if I had money, you can be sure I'd get it. Gorgeous instrument from one of the best luthier in Canada.

7. AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Detroit Metro, MI USA
    Lado basses are excellent, my ex brother in law had 2 and they were great. This one looks even nicer! Good luck!

8. polydeathsphere

polydeathsphere

Jan 12, 2009
    New York
    just started working part time again, so i can't make any offers in just 2 weeks! waaaaah

haha this is such a beautiful bass i swear, i can't believe it's back up!

9. MoonDoggy

Dec 15, 2005
    Altoona, PA
    Make offers

10. MoonDoggy

Dec 15, 2005
    Altoona, PA
    I am a man of my word, late as it may be. I got ONE offer.

SOLD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.