1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Laguna LB224 Electric Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by king_xanadu, Sep 16, 2008.

1. come on
    no will give any advice???!!!???!?!??
    :help::help::help::help::help:

2. this is a rarity and a letdown :(
    the first time TB has NOT help me with a problem :help:

3. nixdad

nixdad

Aug 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    The bottom line (pun intended) is that if you like the Laguna bass, go for it.
    The Laguna's (as they're now called by Guitar Center) were originally Brawley, named after former company Keith Brawley, who as fas as I know has worked for GC for several years. I have not played the Laguna basses, but I like what I have seen. The re-designed headstock is much more attractive that the original "coat of arms" type headstock that the Brawley's had (like on Ken Smith basses,) and the spalted maple tops look killer.
    The quality of Korean made basses has gone through the freakin' roof the past several years, so it is amazing what can now be found for under $400. When I was in the business in the 80's & early 90's, you'd have to pay $1,200 + to get the equivalent of what can now be found for a few hundred dollars.

If the Laguna plays well and gives you the tone you need, buy it. This probably won't be you last bass, so as long as you're getting a good deal, you probably can't go wrong.

4. hey

hey

Jul 8, 2006
    Wisconsin
    Cort makes Laguna basses, so I know it's gonna be good.