1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Laguna Ocean Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by frenchy33, Mar 8, 2008.

1. frenchy33

frenchy33

Mar 2, 2008
    Im getting a laguna ocean bass
    any thoughts?
    bartollini pickups:)
    hipshot bridge and pegs:)
    neck thru:)
    soft maple body, maple neck w/ rosewood fingerboard

2. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    I demoed a 5er at GC not to long ago and think it's a nice bass for the money. I would gig with it.

3. Marcury

Marcury High and Low

Aug 19, 2007
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
    I've played the fretless. I was real impressed with the tonal versatility and playability, but I don't think it's worth the $750 price. I'd buy one for $400 though.

4. MoD_Scotty

MoD_Scotty

Jul 22, 2007
    Thrapston, UK
    My thoughts exactly. Hopefully they'll come down in price a little eventually.

5. As was mentioned on another thread about these basses, they are now selling for $599 in the latest GC ad (the 4 string is, at least).

A cheaper alternative is the Ibanez SR500, which has the same electronics, a high level of build quality and features, and a name that is better known than Laguna..... The Ocean for $600 sounds like a good deal - I'm just not sold on it for $750, though....