1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Lake Placid Blue relic Precision body - nitro

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by the art guy, Mar 20, 2013.

1. the art guy

the art guy Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    P Bass body finished in LPB nitro, with mild relic job. Body was made by a small supplier, not one of the big companies we all know. Holes are drilled for neck bolts and bridge, but pickguard and strap holes are not. Nitro finish was done by a local guy I know (again, no one you've heard of). Looks awesome, and would make a great project - I've just got too many others right now so I shouldn't have bought this one in the first place.

$250 shipped in lower 48. For full price deal I'll throw in a neckplate and your choice of pickguard: pearloid white, blue floral or tort (tort one is not in great shape though). Pics of those guards available later.

LPB3_zps717b5482.

2. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    Personally, I think it looks killer with this guard (which is an actual Fender part, brand new). There are a couple nice necks in the classifieds right now that would pair very well with this if you're looking for a project...

LPB2_zps76da3973.

3. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    Just as a barometer of how good I think these bodies are: I had my friend do one in Sonic Blue for me, which is now joined up to an original '61 Fender neck. Killer player, and the whole bass weighs 8.2 lbs.

sonicblue3_zps95b621db.

This LPB body started out as a twin to the Sonic Blue - he painted it, and I decided to grab it from him too just because I liked them. It's every bit as good as the brand name licensed ones that you see Atkinson, Nash, etc. using. I simply don't have the time for the project now, and could use the money instead.

4. dmk

dmk

Jan 8, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    How much does the body weigh?

5. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    My bathroom scale unfortunately doesn't weigh anything accurately this light. I guarantee its in the lighter range for a P body though.

6. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    What kind of wood is it?

7. lowendmafia

lowendmafia Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    Weigh yourself then weigh your self holding the body. Subtract the lower number. Boom. This is how I weigh my dog.

8. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    Good call. With this method it seems to be about 4 1/2 lbs. Not as light as I might have thought, but then...this is a cheap scale, so I can't guarantee how accurate that is. Also, I think the body is alder.

9. Nice color.
    Would love a picture of the tort guard

10. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    By request:

bluetort_zpsd1621098.

This guard is kinda shady around the pickup route though. Looks like someone had to enlarge the hole, and it's a little rough.

ryanhostetler likes this.
  11. the art guy

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    Sold. Thanks -